Gord Sheppard is on a mission to create awesome meetings for you and your organization. With Gord, you can say goodbye to bad meetings and say hello to energized meetings with real conversations that build profitability!
During his 25 years of work experience, Gord has facilitated, run and participated in more than 2000 meetings. He is a Professional Meeting Facilitator, Consultant, Speaker and Author who combines a Master’s Degree in Business Administration with a Bachelor’s Degree in Drama, and Prosci Change Management Certification, to deliver a unique, people centered approach that will help you make your next meeting more productive and profitable.
Gord is a proud husband, father, brother and dog-walker. He also loves hockey, playing guitar, mentoring and volunteering for worthy causes like the 100 MenYEF.
Gord Sheppard is an inspiring Speaker, Professional Meeting Facilitator, Consultant, Teacher and Author who combines his experience in more than 2000 meetings with a Master’s Degree in Business and Prosci Change Management Certification to deliver actionable tips that will help you make your next meeting more productive and profitable!
HIRE GORD SHEPPARD TO CREATE A HIGH IMPACT EVENT!
Gord presents the ‘Doorway Drill’ at ERIEC
MAKE YOUR NEXT MEETING AWESOME!
Gord Sheppard is an entertaining speaker who can make an audience laugh while delivering awesome meeting tools and tips to help you make your next meeting more productive and profitable!
Having facilitated, run & participated in more than 2000 meetings, Gord has seen it all!
With more than 25 years of Strategic Management, Facilitation, Communications, and Marketing experience, combined with a ‘straight-forward’ approach to helping people to reach their goals, Gord knows what it takes to help you take action so you can make your next meeting awesome!
Not only does Gord empower his audiences to take action, but he also makes sure they laugh while they learn. So if you’re looking for the right balance of entertainment and information, then Gord is the right choice to help make
THE TRUTH ABOUT MEETINGS (and how to fix them…)
Should your last meeting have been an email instead? Are you burnt out because you’re getting called to too many meetings during the day, which means that you have to do your regular work at night? These are just a few of the ‘truth bombs’ you’ll discover in ‘The Truth About Meetings (and how to fix them…).
During this honest and practical presentation Gord ‘tells it like it is’ about why so many of our meetings are so bad. But not only does he say the things out loud that you’ve been dying to say, he also offers practical solutions that will help you turn your meetings into a competitive advantage.
So if you’re ready to get inspired by the guy who has run or participated in more than 2000 meetings, then this presentation is for you.
- Identify bad meeting habits and discover why it’s hurting your customers
- Learn how to measure the actual cost of a meeting so you can stop wasting time and money
- Get practical tips and information that you can apply immediately to make your next meeting more productive and profitable
- Learn how to fire a bad meeting facilitator in the right way
- Learn how to connect your meetings directly to your strategy so you can build a stronger organization and serve your clients at a higher level and more
Session Details: This Keynote presentation is for Senior Leaders, CEOs, Managers, Board Members, Employees and Volunteers who are seeking education and inspiration to take control of unproductive meetings so they can build stronger organizations
Having A Title Doesn’t Mean You Know How To Run A Meeting
THE HOW TO CREATE AWESOME MEETINGS WORKSHOP / BREAK-OUT SESSION
Ready to take your meetings to the next level? Then you and your team are going to love the How To Create Awesome Meetings Workshop!
Based on the proven 10-step system in Gord Sheppard’s book called How To Create Awesome Meetings (https://howtocreateawesomemeetings.com/get-it-free), during this session you’ll get the practical tips, information and inspiration you need to turn your meetings into a competitive advantage.
- Step 1 – Learn why great meeting start with you and how you can be accountable
- Step 2 – Deepen team trust through learning fast, practical communications techniques
- Step 3 – Learn how to calculate the actual cost of a meeting so that you don’t waste a single second
- Step 4 – Become an awesome meeting facilitator
- Step 5 – Learn how to connect each meeting directly to your organization strategy so you can serve your clients at a higher level
- Step 6 – Find out how to build a blockbuster AGENDA that will excite your entire team
- Step 7 – Learn why where you meet is as important as what you’re meeting about
- Step 8 – Get awesome meeting productivity improvement resources
- Step 9 – Learn how to follow up FAST
- Step 10 – Get inspired and take action!
Session Details: This Workshop is for people of all levels from Senior Leaders, CEOs and Executive Directors to Managers, Board Members, Employees and Volunteers. It can be done for group sizes from 8-30 people (and more if there are assistants available). This Workshop has also been adapted for speaking from the stage, and at conferences it is a strong complement to the ‘Truth About Meetings (and how to fix them…)’ Keynote Presentation.
How To Make A Great POINT
8 WAYS NEW IMMIGRANTS CAN CREATE EFFECTIVE BUSINESS MEETINGS
From job interviews to staff meetings, volunteer meetings to senior leadership gatherings and more, how you communicate during meetings in your new country will make or break your immigration journey.
So if you’re a new immigrant who wants to integrate more quickly, or you’re an employer who wants your new candidate to succeed, then the ‘8 Ways New Immigrants Can Create Awesome Meetings’ session is for you.
In this session Gord Sheppard breaks down cultural barriers so that new immigrants can learn how to integrate into the Canadian workplace more quickly. With great practical tips
Learner Outcomes Include:
- How to become more self-aware so you can adjust your expectations in a Canadian meeting setting
- Learning the ‘meeting basic’ differences between what you’re used to in your home country and meetings in Canada
- Understanding Canadian meeting expectations, especially when it comes to learning when to speak up and when to be quiet
- Learning how to treat the meeting leader, even if she’s a woman
- Finding out how to connect the business meeting to your strategy or the strategy of the organization you’re working for
- Learn how to make a great first impression
- Find out how to follow up effectively
- Learn how to bring out the best practices from the way that you conducted meetings in your home country
Session Details: This Presentation is flexible and can be offered as a Keynote Presentation or as a Workshop. It is intended for New Immigrants who want rapid suggestions to improve the way they handle any type of meeting in their new country. It is also for the people who are hiring new immigrants to help them understand and overcome the cultural barriers and help these people succeed quickly in the workplace.
Meetings In Canada vs. Other Countries
What People are Saying about Gord:
“Having worked with Gordon over a number of years on numerous television projects with the Motion Picture Arts Program at RDC, I can attest to the positive and well organized attributes of Gordon Sheppard. I am a big fan of this man and his talents. It’s typical of my experience with Gord reading about how to organize productive meetings and celebrating positive outcomes. Gord is a man of action and encouragement and supported me when I’d go out on a limb. But he wasn’t just another “rah-rah/group hug” guy. I trusted Gord to be insightful and to critique my efforts in a constructive manner and I must say he never let me down.”
Larry Reese, Instructor
Red Deer College
“Having gathered a group of smart and powerful people to consult on a potential new project, I was nervous; these were not people with time to waste. I put my trust in Gord to create a meeting that would make good use of the time they were spending in the room that day, and he did not disappoint. Somehow, he simultaneously fostered a relaxed and casual atmosphere while keeping us on topic and on schedule. He ushered us through an extremely productive and rewarding conversation but never gave us any feeling of being controlled or overly formal. Not only did we accomplish our objectives, several of my attendees commented to me afterwards on the quality of the meeting and the facilitation. I’m grateful to have had Gord in my corner that day.
Nadine Riopel, Professional Speaker & Facilitator
Nadine Riopel Professional Services